When you have hepatitis C or related medical circumstances make your security motion plan to guard in opposition to chilly, flu, and COVID-19.
Security Precaution Steps
- Speak to your physician about taking further Vitamin C throughout this season to assist increase your immune system.
- Drink at the very least 64 ounces of pure water every day or water infused with citrus (espresso and sodas don’t depend).
- Drink antioxidant tea through the day to assist increase your immune system.
- Eat a balanced nutritious food regimen. Keep away from processed meals.
- Get loads of sleep per evening.
- If accessible, use an air air purifier for house or workplace use.
- Work at home if doable.
- Wash arms utilizing antibacterial cleaning soap for 20 seconds or longer. Wash arms usually.
- Use hand sanitizer between washing your arms.
- Sneeze or cough right into a tissue. If a tissue just isn’t accessible, use your sleeve.
- Keep away from shaking arms and hugging (particularly these not in your family).
- Keep away from touching your face and mouth.
- Clear surfaces with antibacterial disinfectant or bleach-based answer.
- If you happen to do exit keep away from giant crowds in any respect doable. Store for groceries and obligatory objects limiting publicity to the least quantity of individuals as doable. At a minimal of 6 to eight toes other than others to keep away from coughing or sneezing particles.
- Put on masks when you find yourself in public, and round others exterior of your fast household.
- Wipe off handles to procuring carts, door handles, keyboards, telephones, and different areas you contact with sanitizing wipes.
- Get the annual flu vaccine. If you’re over 65 or have a compromised immune system, get the pneumonia vaccine. Co-infections could cause extreme problems rapidly. These vaccines will help stop further infections.
If You or Somebody in Your Family Turns into Sick
- Social distancing helps stop the unfold of virus germs that trigger chilly, flu, and COVID-19. When you have been uncovered, even when don’t really feel sick or have signs, you possibly can nonetheless be contagious.
- The incubation interval for COVID-19 and most chilly and flu strains is 2 to 14 days after publicity.
- Keep house and quarantine even in the event you assume you’ve got allergy symptoms, chilly, or flu.
- Name your physician and search medical assessments and care. It’s at all times greatest to observe warning to forestall any an infection.
- Use Tele Med providers if they’re accessible.
- If you happen to expertise signs or had direct publicity to somebody who examined optimistic for COVID-19 contact your physician and search testing. Quarantine for 14 days from publicity, even in the event you check detrimental from publicity you possibly can develop signs through the 14-day interval.
- If you happen to expertise signs, search testing once more, and proceed to quarantine till you’re suggested by your physician that you’re clear. If you happen to expertise a excessive fever that doesn’t reply with treatment, or problem respiration, search emergency assist instantly.
- Don’t despair however be proactive bodily, mentally, and emotionally.
When you have a compromised immune system, or different medical circumstances like transplant, most cancers, coronary heart or lung circumstances, diabetes, hepatitis C, or different liver illness circumstances, or over the age of 65 you’re at the next threat for an infection. Take all obligatory prevention steps and keep at house as a lot as doable.
Speak to your physician for recommendation regarding your age and medical situation.
Do you’ve got a query or concern about hepatitis C, and chilly, flu, and COVID-19?
Share your feedback under.
To view this put up or different assets, see our house web page at, Life Past Hep C.
Seasonal Allergy symptoms, Frequent Chilly, Flu, or COVID-19?
three Frequent Issues for COVID-19 for Hepatitis C and Liver Illness Sufferers
Proactive Steps to Maintain You Protected from COVID-19
Will you assist us? Like our Fb web page at: www.fb.com/LifeBeyondHepatitisC , share on Fb, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and LinkedIn, or e mail to a buddy, move it on. Thanks!